The goal of this curriculum guide is to enhance your Texas history course with activities that feature both primary and secondary documents from the vast collections of the San Jacinto Museum of History. In addition, many artifacts have been included to pique visual interest. All lessons are aligned to the TEKS. The guide provides the following:
- Lesson Plans identifed by both a subject title and the TEKS reference.
- Museum documents are referenced or linked inside each lesson and also found in the searchable Image Gallery.
- An Essential Question is a big picture question to help guide your instruction.
- Critical Vocabulary is a list of words vital to in-depth understanding.
- The Hook is a question or strategy to pique interest and prepare for new learning.
- The Activity is the cooperative learning or independent practice needed to process new ideas and understand concepts.
- Be A Star Bonus is for students who need enrichment or additional challenges.
- Strategy Descriptions and Graphic Organizers section contains print-ready research based tools, strategies and reoccurring lesson ideas.