The Alamo

Museum Exhibit or ProgramOriginally named Mission San Antonio de Valero, the Alamo served as home to missionaries and their Indian converts for nearly seventy years. Construction began on the present site in 1724. In 1793, Spanish officials secularized San Antonio's five missions and distributed their lands to remaining Indian residents. These men and women continued to farm the fields, once the mission's but now their own, and participated in the growing community of San Antonio.
Source:The Alamo
URL:http://www.thealamo.org/remember/history/chronology/index.html
Grade Level:Both
TEKS:4.3(A), 4.3(B), 4.3(C), 4.16(A), 7.1(A), 7.1(B), 7.1(C), 7.3(A), 7.3(B), 7.3(C), 7.3(D)
Topics:Mexican Texas, Texas Revolution

Bookmark and Share